Friday, September 5, 2008

Down's Syndrome Association Nepal

Terraced farming on the foothills of the Himal...Image via Wikipedia Welcome to Down's Syndrome Association Nepal
DSA Nepal was founded in May 2006 by Shila Thapa, president of the DSA, relatives and seven parents of children with Down Syndrome. Each parent has experienced horrifying days during the infancy of their child and consequently feel inspired to generate changes in the attitude of society towards children with Down Syndrome.

I worked for 10 years transporting young children with disabilities. The families of these children were dedicated and in love with them, they were all gifts from God. I used to take my children with me on my bus runs and they would ask a lot of questions and I always gave them this straight answer. "We are all different, and in each of us, is a gift from God, look for that in everyone you meet."

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]