Monday, June 1, 2009

The NAMI HelpLine Needs Your Support








NAMI HelpLine

$10 helps provide booklet and fact sheet information by mail to one of the thousands of people who otherwise would not have access;

$25 ensures training for one of the more than 30 volunteer HelpLine associates;

$35 assists in helping NAMI expand HelpLine Spanish-language services to the many who encounter great barriers and even greater stigma;

$50 helps assure the availability of over 75 HelpLine fact sheets and brochures;

$100 aids NAMI in adding additional HelpLine associate stations.

donate now

NAMI HelpLine: 1-800-950-NAMI

Friend, today we are writing to ask for your help in supporting the NAMI HelpLine.

Here's an actual email from just one of the many true stories of help and support provided by the NAMI HelpLine:

Dear HelpLine:

My boss recently found out that I have bipolar disorder, and harassed me constantly. He made jokes about my mental illness in front of the other employees, and he said that I made mistakes all the time.

Yesterday, when I showed up for work, he told me I was fired because I wasn't competent. I have had excellent performance reviews, and there is nothing negative in my personnel files. Please help me. I don't know what to do. Are there any laws to protect me?

John A.

NAMI HelpLine

Thanks to the dedication and hard work of NAMI HelpLine volunteers and staff, John was able to get the help he needed.

The NAMI HelpLine alerted John to the fact that he was protected by the Americans with Disabilities Act, which prohibits employers from discriminating against qualified individuals with a physical or mental impairment.

In John's case, he was clearly discriminated against.

But he wouldn't have been able to get the information he needed without your support.

A few days later the NAMI HelpLine heard back...

NAMI HelpLine

John Got  the Help He NeededI had no idea that the ADA covered my situation, and that there are government agencies that can assist me.

Thank you all so much!

People with mental illness sometimes have nowhere to turn, and it is comforting to know that the NAMI HelpLine is there to help us.

God bless you.

John A.

donate now

National Alliance on Mental Illness
2107 Wilson Blvd. ~ Suite 300
Arlington, VA 22201

For fastest unsubscribe results follow these instructions:

1.) Log in to your NAMI.org account by clicking here
2.) Select "mySubscriptions" from the tabs underneath the "myNAMI" graphic
3.) Uncheck the box next to "I would like to receive general e-mail updates from NAMI"
4.) Click "Save Changes" at the bottom of the page
5.) You will then be unsubscribed immediately

If you were unable to complete the fast unsubscribe, please email: webmaster@nami.org

Please do not reply to this email (it will go to an unattended mailbox.)
If you have any questions, concerns, or comments about this email, please send an email to webmaster@nami.org.


Informz for iMIS



Enhanced by Zemanta