Wednesday, April 14, 2010

PEPSI CHALLENGE

The current Pepsi logo (December 2008-).Image via Wikipedia

I have enrolled in the Pepsi Challenge to fund a project to aid people with physical or mental disabilities to pursue their passion as a route to their personal recovery. When I needed a program like this in my area, none were available. There were programs for mentally challenged adults but not for high functioning adults.
Having suffered more than 4 years of Agoraphobia I managed to create my own recovery with the help of a highly competent and supportive therapist and a Psychiatrist.
I hope that everyone will vote for me to have Pepsi fund my program.
My recovery was a combination of finding ways to step outside of my comfort zone by testing the waters with different passions that I never even knew I had. I combined different craft ideas with meditation, power walking and eventually the freedom to workout at a gym, drive, and be away from home for hours on end, a feat I never thought I could overcome.
We all have passions and sometimes it takes going all the way down in our life before we discover them. I have found that there is a vitally creative side of recovery and when a person expands on that phase of realization, recovery begins and one is able to thrive. Help me help those that need it. Vote for me in the Pepsi Challenge starting on May 1, 2010. OUR GRATITUDE PEPSI CHALLENGE



Enhanced by Zemanta