Friday, March 7, 2008

IS YOUR CHILD ACTING OUT!

I created this blog for my friend, who has been struggling with behavioral issues in her teenage daughter. As parents we all experience the teen years, and we realize how difficult they CAN be, some more than others. What my friend discovered is that her teen is suffering from Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD) which is a cycling disorder in the same category as ADD, ADHD, Dyslexia and many more, the resources for support and treatment are extremely limited.
The resources listed above and on the right side are from the website:
FCBC FOUNDATION FOR CHILDREN WITH NEHAVIORAL ISSUES.

The links on this blog are their resources and I have posted them here in hopes of aiding in helping parents receive this information more readily. My friend and I spent weeks trying to find help for her teen and what we found is that these resources are meager, limited and treatment is not covered by most insurances. She talked with DSS, Social Workers and Mental Health workers and all had very little to offer in regards to resources. FCBC has wonderful resources and I hope that it will help parents get to it much faster than we did and save them the stress that my friend has had to bear.

Below are resources that are not recommended or supported by FCBC, they are my recommendations and are not associated with FCBC in any way. These are alternative treatments, now being used to help both parents and children through behavior modification cognitive issues:

CENTERPOINTE AND HOLOSYNC
THINK RIGHT NOW
GROW 33 LEADS THE WAY FOR TEENS