Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Medicare Part D Gap!

Humana headquarters in Louisville, KYImage via Wikipedia
With the state of the economy and so many people out of work, many are going without prescription coverage.  It was interesting to me today to find that there is insurance that covers the gap that most people are experiencing in their prescription coverage. I have been paying the full price for my prescriptions for 2 months now and today as I was talking to a customer service rep at AARP about my new coverage that begins in April, he found that I was covered by a company that is called "Limited Income Net." It is Humana Insurance and they cover people that are without insurance, and that may receive extra help from state agencies.
I was so relieved, but that isn't even the best part, they are reimbursing me for the amount of out of pocket expenses for my prescriptions during this gap.  It not enough of as blessing that I am again covered, but to also reimburse me, my cup runneth over.
If you know anyone that has been hurt by the gap in prescription coverage it is worth your effort to mention this to them.  You may save someone's life.  Going without necessary medication should never be an option, don't let it be for you or anyone you know. The pharmacy I use did not even know about this!
All I have been seeing about Humana is that they are cutting 2,500 jobs, but they are still offering this coverage so why are they laying off people?
In any event, tell people you know that have this gap min their prescription coverage, it can only help them.  If this helps just one other person, it'll make my day!  Pass it on!














Reblog this post [with Zemanta]